Tuesday 11 November 2014

Erasmus experience

Today I would like to talk about my experience with Erasmus. It's a programme of student exchange around the Europe. And for me, it was the time of my life. There were honestly the best 6 months of my life. I don't know if it is like that for everybody, but for me a chance to spend half of a year in my beloved Sicily was like a dream come true. 

In my opinion Sicily is the most beautiful region of Italy. I adore almost everything about it: architecture, food, wheather, landscapes, culture, literature, movies and obviously people, who are tremendously open and welcoming, always willing to help. The only 2 things which I dislike are the total lack of organisation and the dirt on the streets. And as long as I could get used to this complete disorganisation, I would never accept carelessness about ecology.

But coming back to the main topic, during this exchange you get to really know other culture and habits of citizens. It's also a good chance to see what it is like to study on foreign university. And of course you can really enjoy the Erasmus student status. At least once a week there were organised special parties for all of us, thanks to the ETU group. They also provided tutors for us, who helped us with accommodation and knowing the city. They often organised trips and other special events. People from ETU truly made this experience even more extraordinary.


I recommend this programme to everyone. I truly believe that everyone should spend at least one semester  abroad. It's not just enjoyable experience but also a true school of life. Because after all you end up living completely alone in other country. That really teaches you independence and responsability. It's just a good chance to prove yourself in other reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment